Thursday, October 23, 2008

Heores

9/11 Heroes.

http://www.imagecross.com/myspace-image-hosting-9/84509-13-01.jpg
This is a picture of the firemen helping rescue others.

http://www.militaryplaques.com/EMS/Fallen-Heroes-L.jpg





"To those who died when the towers crashed down A deep memorial in our hearts,of pain, of shame, of love, of blame,In these mixed feelings we must admit.Thou know none who's gone in vain.Though people think they died in vain,yet their legacy still lives today.Of valour, of peace, of love, of courage,These men gave their lives to serve and save." - Posted on 9-11heroes.US site by Anonymous


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZFkZiwMLZ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klhqVEO0eyU



http://media.philly.com/images/RudyGiuliani.jpg

Hereos come in many different forms. When I think about heros in my lifetime I think of the heros of 9/11. The firemen, the policemen, and all the people that helped to respond to the horrible terorist attacks that day. There was also another hero that emerged from that tragedy and that was the mayor of New York for all of his efforts to calm the nation when we were all scared and unsure of what was happening to our country.


What I learned: I learned that the heroes of 9/11 didn't think twice about their own safety when they entered the twin towers. They were focused on the roles as first responders, as fire men and police men, trying to help other people and guide them out of the buildings. They entered those buildings not knowing what would happen to them but determined to save the lives of other people and lead them to safety. I also learned that not only were the first responders heroes but so was the mayor of New York City at the time: Rudy Guiliani. He stepped forward to calm a nation and took charge of the situation. He is truely a hero to the country.

Conclusion: I think that the heros of 9/11 are the greatest heros of my generation. In my opinion everyone who helped that day is a hero. It doesn't matter if they died trying to rescue others or if they were lucky enough to live. Everyone that contributed to helping others is a hero. I think this is a remarkable aspect of being an American. That people are willing to risk everything to save other human beings. I also think that as Americans we look to people to guide us through tradegy.

11 comments:

Britta said...

I learned that being a hero means having the self-lessness to put others safety before yours.

Kelsey J. said...

I learned that being a hero is risking your own life to save someone else.

Christina said...

I learned that to be a hero you have to be brave and courageous because you are saving the lives of others.

Anna C said...

I learned that to be a hero, sometimes you are a person that is trying to make peace. The people who were risking their lives for people who they didn't even know that day were trying to help the situation with the best of their ability. This is very heroic and they saved many lives.

Charlie B. said...

i learnd from tragedy, heros are born.

Kirstin C said...

I learned that heroes are quick-thinking, and don't think about anything else that is going on in their life except for the people they are saving at the time.

Kelly L. said...

I learned that being a hero is helping others and not thinking about your own danger in a situation.

Molly H. said...

I learned that even when you die you can still be a hero and your legacy still lives on.

Julia said...

I learned that heroe's are deverese they come in all shapes and sizes.

Katherine B. said...

Sometimes being a hero means knowing the right response to a tragedy and helping the best you can.

Ms. Roehl said...

Lots of great analysis.