Sunday, September 21, 2008

Amazing Abigail Cookbook

We just bought the Amazing Abigail Cookbook which is a fundraiser for Abby Taylor from Edina who died after suffering for many months after having a horrible accident where her intestines were sucked out of her by a pool drain. It was very interesting to read the forward where they have an appreciation section which talks about how much support they received from so many in our community after this horrible accident. They also describe the goals of Abby’s Hope Charitable Foundation.

There is also a section that tells all about Abby’s short life of only seven years. It was very interesting to actually read about her and what type of person she was and the things that she enjoyed doing. Before reading this, I felt like I knew about her without really knowing her. Now, when I think of her or remember the night we all lit luminaries to honor her memory. I will remember the little girl that became more real to me when I read her life story in the Amazing Abigail Cookbook.

2 comments:

Kelsey J. said...

I have heard of that cookbook. Her story is so sad, I hope her family is getting through her death as best they can. It was such a horrible incident.

Ms. Roehl said...

Yes, this is such a sad story. You should bring the cookbook to class sometime to share it.